- ALL courses that end with 05 will be migrated (even if you asked that it not be migrated). We will clean up unwanted courses after the migration.
- I could not honor requests to add to our list, courses developed at another college (see next bullet).
- If we missed a course - DON'T panic! There is one last thing we can do to preserve a course. I will outline the FINAL procedure prior to the Bb 5 servers' demise (before the VCCS pulls the plug!).
- May 1-Course migration starts (from the list I submitted). Any changes you make to a Bb 5 course after May 1st will not be reflected in Bb6.
- June 1-BB6 Production server available to faculty. You will check your migrated courses and "tweak" as needed for Fall 05.
- After June 2 - there will be a new way to request NEW courses for Fall 05. These procedures are as yet to be defined and will be forthcoming.
- August 15-Students go live ! Begin teaching with Bb 6.
Note (if it wasn't confusing enough *grin*):
Currently we are running several server environemnts (listed below are the ones that have an impact on faculty):
- Bb6 Train - http://bbtrain.vccs.edu
This is an environment designed to resemble BB6 production. It is available for faculty course development and training. This will have the same look and feel of the production system, but will not be built to the scale necessary for production. Course material developed by faculty through June 7 will be migrated to production the following week. After the August 15 Go Live for the version 6 production system, the Training environment will be used in an ongoing way to introduce faculty to new features and functionality prior to release in the production environment.
- BB5 Production - http://bb.vccs.edu/
This is the current production system. On August 15 it will be moved to http://bb5.vccs.edu and will become a “read only” resource for faculty. Student access will be disabled . This environment will be available to faculty until December 31, 2005.
- BB6 Production - http://learn.vccs.edu/
This will be the future production system. It will be available to faculty on June 1 and will Go Live for students on August 15.
The new permanent URL for BB6 will be http://learn.vccs.edu/. From June 1 through August 15 this will be the only way to get to the system. After August 15, http://bb.vccs.edu/ (and http://www.bb.vccs.edu/) will be redirected to http://learn.vccs.edu/. This will ensure a seamless transition for students. At the same time, BB5 Production will be moved to http://bb5.vccs.edu/. http://bb.vccs.edu/ will be retired July 1, 2006.