We (TNCC) are currently training folk in Bb 7. I want to make sure I am giving out as accurate information as possible. Could you please confim or correct:
- explore.vccs.edu is a training environment (no "real" work for SP08 should take place there unless the individual instructor exports their work themselves)
- SP07 and SU07 courses are being migrated to a non-public instance of Bb 7( which will later become the production server). The migration began on Sept. 15th; if an instructor does any work or make-ups in these terms they must export/archive their changes themselves. If its an export they can import when the Bb 7 server goes into production.
- The non-public instance of Bb 7 will be available for faculty (no students) on Nov. 1, 2007. (Will this then become explore.vccs.edu?)
- SP08 Bb shells can not be created until after Nov. 1, 2007.
Ruth K. Smith
Senior Instructional Designer
Learning System Administrator
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 2:37 PM
From: David Carter-Tod
2. That's correct, although for Faculty bb7 will be available after Nov 1 so that's when they could bring data over themselves.
3. Correct, but no, it will not be explore.vccs.edu. The interim url for Blackboard 7 production before students get on it will be bb7.vccs.edu
4. They can't be created in bb7 until after then (unless created on explore). If they were created on Bb6, faculty or the bbadmin could export and import to bb7 if they so desired, but at this point in time, we have not undertaken to do that for colleges.
- If you make or have made any changes in SP07 or SU07 courses after Sept. 15th (had students doing make up for example) you will have to do your own Export/Archive to have the updated content appear in Bb 7.
- I cannot make any SP08 course shells until after November 1, 2007.
The pre-production URL (listed in David C-T's resoponse) is active yet.
- I am still trying to find out how they will be handling .DEVL shells. There is a Bb admin. meeting on Oct. 9, 2007; I hope to have more information for you after the meeting. Right now everything is "lovely, lovely".
If you have questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Archival Migration information available at: