Course cartridges (content from a publisher) are usually delivered in 3 ways:
- The publisher sends the instructor a download key. If the publisher sends you a download key you can "install it" yourself into an existing course container.
- The publishers sends the instructor instructions for downloading a .zip file. The instructor downloads the .zip file and must send the file to the Blackboard Administrator. An instructor cannot install a .zip file themself. This process must be done to a "new" course container.
- The publisher sends the Blackboard administrator a .zip file. The Bb administrator has to begin the process from a "new" course container.
How to install your own download key:
Step 1: Bb administrator creates a course shell for you.
Step 2: You request a download key from your book rep or via the publisher’s website.
Step 3: Once you receive the key do the following:
- Enter the Download Key and Click Submit.
- You will get a Receipt: Success and message telling you that you will receive e-mail notification when the Cartridge content has been installed.