Friday, April 06, 2007

WIMBA RELEASED FROM CAPTIVITY!

From: Inez Farrell [mailto:ifarrell@vccs.edu]

Hello All,

I am pleased to announce that WIMBA is now activated for all faculty use in Bb6. This version does not have the podcasting tools but that portion will be available in Blackboard 7.2, July 1, 2007.

I flipped the switch on in Bb6 so it is now available in every course, but I do think it is critical that faculty are trained in its usage. WIMBA offers a one hour web training several times each week. Their schedule of training events can be located here: http://www.wimba.com/eventreg/participant/registration.php?eventid=842
Thank you all for participating in a successful pilot and subsequent enterprise purchase of a software our faculty enjoy. I would love to find more just like it!

Towards that end I want to show you a new tool (free this time) that GOOGLE has just introduced. David Carter-Tod pointed it out to me and it is slick. Go to http://maps.google.com/ and click on NEW. You will see some very creative ways faculty can use this tool for instruction and even better, students can do group projects and presentations!! Can you see the creative possibilities?

I just love it!

Inez Farrell, Ph.D.
Director of Instructional Technology
Virginia’s Community Colleges
101 North 14th StreetRichmond, VA 23219

No comments: